Very intense weather, especially precipitation, is being observed (as forecast) in the Mediterranean, mainly in the western Balkan states. Locally, over 82l/m² in 12 hours or 116 l/m² in 24 hours were regsitered. But also storm gusts are a significant problem. Below is the current Meteoalarm warning map.
Current Mediterranean overview:
– Bosnia and Herzegowina: Extreme Rainfall and Severe storm gsuts.
– Cyprus: No warnings
– Spain: Severe storm gusts, Severe winter conditions and severe waves
– France: Severe avalanche risk, Severe flooding, Strong winter conditions
– Greece: Severe thunderstorms, Severe rainfall, Severe storm gusts
– Croatia: Severe rainfall, Severe storm gusts, Severe thunderstorms
– Italy: Severe storm gusts, Severe thunderstorms, Severe rainfall
– Montenegro: Extreme rainfall, Extreme Stormgusts, Extreme waves
– Macedonia: Severe rainfall, Severe stormgusts, Strong winter conditions
– Malta: Strong rainfall, Strong waves, Strong wind
– Serbia: Extreme storm gusts
– Slovenia: Severe avalanche risk, Severe winter weather, Strong rain