Skip to content
- A first round of storms is moving through currently and will persist for the coming hours, into the early afternoon
- New storms will fire up in the late afternoon / evening over northern Illinois and are expected to bring heavy rainfall overnight
- Total rain may amount to up to 2 inches or over 50 liters per square meter, posing risk of flooding & flash flooding.
- “When thunder roars, go indoors”!
- Drive cautiously in heavy rainfall due to risk of aquaplaning and reduced visibility.
- The national Storm Prediction Center predicts the risk of large hail (>2.5cm / >1 in) within 25 miles to be at 10%.
- The risk of severe storm gusts over 90km/h / 54 mph to be at 5%.
- For up-to-date information, visit the National Storm Prediction Center